NEW: Citizens Bank’s Ned Handy to Join Washington Trust
Friday, September 20, 2013
Handy joins Washington Trust from Citizens Bank, where he served as President, Citizens Bank, Rhode Island since 2009 and President Citizens Bank, Connecticut, since 2010, both divisions of RBS Citizens, N.A. He will assume his new position in late November 2013.
Joseph J. MarcAurele will continue to serve as the Corporation’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
"Ned is well known within the industry and brings a wealth of regional banking experience to Washington Trust," stated Joseph J. MarcAurele, Washington Trust Chairman, President, and CEO. Adding, "As a Rhode Island native, Ned is an active community leader and is dedicated to the same principles that have made Washington Trust one of the premier banks in the nation for more than 213 years."
Handy began his banking career as a commercial banker with Fleet National Bank. Over the past 27 years, he has held various positions of increasing authority including serving as President and CEO of Citizens subsidiary Charter One Bank of Ohio and as head of Citizens national commercial real estate finance division. Additionally, he served as a member of Citizens’ Executive Leadership Group.
In addition to Handy’s appointment, the Corporation announced that David V. Devault of Westerly, RI, has been promoted to Vice Chairman, Secretary and Chief Financial Officer. MarcAurele stated “David has been instrumental in the Corporation’s successful growth during his 27-year tenure, and will continue to be a valuable part of our leadership team.”
Devault oversees the Corporation’s financial affairs, governance matters, and investment community relations. He is also responsible for managing various operational areas within the organization.
About Washington Trust
Washington Trust Bancorp, Inc. is the parent of The Washington Trust Company, a state-chartered bank headquartered in Westerly, Rhode Island. Founded in 1800, Washington Trust is the oldest community bank in the nation and is the largest independent bank headquartered in Rhode Island. Washington Trust offers a full range of financial services, including commercial banking, small business banking, personal banking, and wealth management and trust services through its offices located in Rhode Island, southeastern Connecticut and eastern Massachusetts. The Corporation’s common stock trades on The NASDAQ Global Select® Stock Market under the symbol WASH. Investor information is available on the Corporation’s web site: www.washtrust.com.
- Citizens Bank Donates to RI Food Bank for Every PawSox Strike-Out
- Citizens Bank Exec Jeanne Cola to Head RI LISC
- NEW: Citizens Bank Back Online After Computer Problems
- MarcAurele Helps Lead Washington Trust to Record Quarter
- NEW: Tavares Named to Washington Trust Post
- NEW: Washington Trust Announces Record Second Quarter Earnings
- NEW: Washington Trust Announces VP of Technology
- NEW: Washington Trust Gives $50K to Westerly WARM Center
- NEW: Washington Trust Named To Bank Director Scorecard
- NEW: Washington Trust To Open New RI Branch In Johnston
- NEW: Washington Trust’s Peanut Butter Drive Reaches 100 Ton Milestone
- Washington Trust Bank Provides $1.4 M Loan to Tender Hearts Child Care
- Washington Trust Bank Provides $1.6 M Loan to Fox Point Marina